Tuesday, January 10, 2012

today's count

And perhaps some of yesterday's, for yesterday I sat out on the grass by the museum.  If I had not been in recovery from a cold, I would have taken off my boots and socks and walked on the grass just to say I had.  Today the air it turning and there is snow in the forecast, though I do not yet smell it in the air.  What I did smell was a small piece of crushed sage between my finger tips.  I saw the little people out with their keepers.  The keepers were in black and stood back observing.  The little people were in pink and plaid and blue and when one toppled the short distance to the grass the next would oblige by following suit.  Pig pile.  A lone jogger meandered along the river trail.  And two magpies dared the roadway to do their natural cleanup duties.  And upon my return to artificial light, I was delighted by the delivery of that which constitutes my cleanup duties.  To each their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment