Friday, March 16, 2012

Missing Latvia

The stats on this blog used to make me happy.  It tickled me pink to know that the odd person in Malaysia, or Latvia, Poland, Mexico, was stumbling across my little wanderings.  But now there is an error on my stats page.  No access.  I turn, to the friendly, don't be evil, company and find...that I am dealing with the Borg.  No access.  No entry.  No human anywhere.  Reminds me of the time it was -40 degrees and I wanted to talk to my bank.  All I wanted to know was were the calendars in.  But I was shunted to a call centre in Toronto.  How can I help you?  You can connect me with my bank.  But I can help you.  Yes, you can, you can connect me with my bank.  If you'll just give me your accounts... and on and on.  Finally I managed to make clear to her that she could not possibly tell me if the calendars were in and if I had to go out into the -40 degree weather to get the answer to that question I would also be closing all my accounts at the same time.  She connected me with my bank and the calendars were in.  So, I went to pick one up.  No sense going out in that weather without a good reason.

So now I can't hear from Latvia anymore.  And google will give me no entry to anyone who can help my find out why.  Latvia may still be out there...Helllooo Latvia.  (Been wanting to say that a long time.)  In the old, inefficient days, I could pick up a phone, dial a number, yup actually dial it, and get a live being on the other end who could sort me out in a matter of seconds.  Now, in this efficient computer, internet all hail and worship era, I am required to spend hours going through pages of possible answers to my question, none of which are the answer to my question. 

One day someone will figure out how really versatile and amazing the human brain is, and maybe, if the internet gives them the idea, they might decide to use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment