Friday, April 11, 2014

Delightful Oddities of Mind

Toddling along today, from cab to building, on a mission assigned by my physician, I passed a truck. And several other vehicles.  I didn't really notice it as I passed.  What I did notice was that I was humming.  A tune whose existence I would not even have know of a second earlier.  And a split second later I recognized first the era in which I had learned it, then the possible places I had been when I learned.  I turned, I looked at the truck.  It was a Ford.  The words came back to me in full:

I'm a little piece of tin
Model T  image Barefoot Adventures
Nobody knows where I have bin
Got four wheels and a runnin' board
I'm a Ford, oh I'm a Ford.

Honk, honk, rattle, rattle
Crash, beep, beep

Honk, honk, rattle, rattle
Crash, beep, beep

All the hand movements and actions are still rusty, but there I was, memories of Church camp and Guides abounding, signing quietly to myself.

For those who wish, sing it faster and faster, dropping off the last bit each time.  In a group if you go past what has been dropped, you are 'out'.  First thing to go - beep, beep, then crash, then rattle, rattle, and so on.  You can go all the way back to silence.  I Googled and found four girl guides displaying the actions, but they have different words.  So you can go find them yourself.  :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment