Monday, May 16, 2011

Exciting a book binding library assistant

Well, at least if I get to do the soldering.  I have been thinking seriously of taking the back off my retired mac. The thing I like about being a book binder and repairer is that I actually get to do the work, so if librarians get to start teaching people neat stuff, I am in.  In this article by Seth Godin he talks about the future of librarians not as keepers of the books (he keeps saying dead, but like calligraphy, book making will step gracefully into being an art and it will never die), but as being connectors bringing data and people together.  Sounds like community.  I think we'll start with a potluck and I will show you how to take some of your favourite data and turn it into a work of art.

No comments:

Post a Comment