Thursday, March 24, 2011

repairing with water

I think of the power of water every time I watch that woman in the CLR add wearing gloves and cleaning up common counter spills with a toxic chemical.  I think, woman, water can take down mountains.  What are you using that stuff for?  Something you have to wear gloves to use?  Where you are eating...

I use water in my book repair work.  When the spine needs to be replaced it is common practice to take the title and call number portion of the spine and glue it onto the new spine.  That works best when the cardboard backing of the original spine is removed.  Brush with water and wait.

1 comment:

  1. That works 99.9 times, but what about that one time where I accidently erased all the words and had to write the title back on with sharpie? :)

    ReplyDelete